The Launchbox Mission 1 Kit is a great way for secondary school students to be learn about Spacecraft and Space mission design, by building their own model CubeSat.
The Mission 1 kit guides students to create their own experiments in a structured manner just as in real CubeSat missions launched to space. The accompanying education package is designed with the school curriculum and teachers needs in mind, as is explained in the curriculum map.
Participation in LIFTOFF experiment to win a launch to space
- More hands on than the Balloon Sat
- Stimulates creative thinking, collaboration, and planning to achieve science goals
- Easy to learn yet endless possibilities with theRaspberry Pi's fast processor and large memory
- Support from an extensive Raspberry Pi user community online will facilitate student learning and teaching
- Raspberry Pi is easy to learn and gives students a head start in their modern world
You're a scientist. What precisely is in the box?
The Launchbox Mission 1 Kit contains these components
- Raspberry Pi A+ board
- 1 Unit Model CubeSat frame
- LEDs (2 red, 2 green, 2 blue)
- Jumper wires
- Force sensitive resistor
- Reed switch
- USB Cable
- Square LCD for mobile operation
- Piezo vibration sensor
- Tilt-ball switch
- Analog light sensor.